Transitioning from TASFTP to Legacy Cloud Connector
...is much faster (result: the main GT view and "Media View" update much more quickly)
Because this software can greatly ease event day operations as it pertains to distributing the live event .xml file, most notably for livestat purposes, we want to encourage and assist your transition from TASFTP to the LCC by providing step-by-step instruction for use of the Cloud and the LCC. Additionally, both our Editorial team and Stat Crew support are at your disposal to assist over the phone should you need live-body assistance. We are confident that once you make this transition, you'll be very glad that you did!
1. Log into your Cloud site.
Target Directory: schoolcode/sportcode (e.g. ucla/m-footbl)
E-mail: the e-mail address of any number of persons that should receive an e-mail alert should an error occur.
4. Next, click Schedule in the main nav. It is here that you'll need to enter each event for which you will be providing GameTracker coverage. Click New Game in the sub-nav. Much of the info asked for is straightfoward. You can skip "Delegated Scoring Team" and "Delegate FTP Files." At the very bottom, you can indentify the file name of the file to be sent on a destination-by-destination basis. There will be a field for each FTP site you have set up and you can enter the filename required for each. For GameTracker, enter schoolcode.xml (e.g. ucla.xml). Once you have completed the form, click Create Game. Click here for a sample Cloud schedule page.
That concludes the setup in the Cloud. Now it's just a matter of setting up on the scoring side and in the LCC for each event. The steps:
1. Open the scoring program and set up as normal.
GameTracker ID: enter the ID number of the event
Show stats on screen: check
Copy File Settings
The "FTP settings" section is not needed. Please be sure that "Auto-send FTP" is not checked.
4. Open the LCC and select your sport, your game and enter the local directory to which you are copying (saving) .xml file (e.g. c:\temp) and click Start. (Cloud Connector sample to the right)
2. If you view the event in the "Schedule" section of the Cloud site, you will see an "XML" link has been associated to the event. What's great about that link is it will let you view the .xml file. This can be helpful a few ways. One example...if you've sent an initial file and you're not seeing GameTracker update, you can click XML and see if the GameTracker ID number is in the file, or if it's wrong.